Massage Therapy and Injury rehabilitative Massage can be used to prevent injury, promote healing and aid recovery of overused muscles or injuries occurring from work, play or general wear and tear. Its not all about sport and when the body or injured area is massaged there is an increase in circulation increasing blood and the supply of nutrients to the affected area, removing toxins. Massage Therapy helps to improve injury rehabilitation, recovery, flexibility and mobility.
All Massage Therapy treatments start with a thorough assessment to locate the root of your problems. The therapy prescribed thereafter may be an individual or combination of Massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), Dry Needling or Kinesio Taping to aid in your recovery and injury management program.
New Leaf massage will help when you suffer from any of the following:
• Postural issues
• Chronic neck, shoulder, back or sciatic pain
• Reduced flexibility and range of movement
• Work related injuries
• Relaxation and stress relief
• Overuse & repetitive conditions
• Postural assessment – identifies musculo-skeletal imbalance.
• Myofascial Release – Restores fascia & connective tissue to reduce pain.
• Trigger point therapy – The application of pressure to tender muscle tissue.
• Soft Tissue Release – Stretching & pressure techniques to isolated muscles.
• Deep Tissue Massage – Provides removal of toxins and release of tension.
• Firing Pattern Assessment – Testing strength in the muscles.
• Mobilisations – Mobilise areas of joint restriction – spine, ankle, etc.
• Active & Passive Stretching – Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation.
• Reduce muscle tension, spasm and scar tissue and other adhesions, which can improve both circulatory (of both blood and lymph) and nerve function.
• Can help ease postural problems & aid recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury) and reduces chronic pain, stress, anxiety.
• Improves mobility, flexibility and range of motion and increases or decreases muscle tone and length.
The in-depth massage therapy training I have undergone, ensures all massage techniques are of the highest standards at a massage certification level of VTCT 5 (BTEC Level 5 Equivalent) and supported by the Sports Massage Association (SMA).
• £35 for a 45min Treatment (Initial Consultation/Treatment 1hr)
• £25 for a 30min Treatment
• Sports Event Work – Contact Tara for Cost
• Loyalty Cards and Gift Vouchers Available